Dieter Skorzus – Head of the IT Department, BOLTA Werke GmbH
Josef Huberth – Project Manager
Reiner Müller – BI and Collaboration Team Leader
Bolta is one of the leading surface treatment specialists in the automotive industry. With a performance-based quality commitment to “High Performance Surface Technologies,” the company, which was founded in Nuremberg in 1921, produces both complex parts and individual components such as nameplates and trims for numerous premium brands owned by successful automotive manufacturers. Twice ranked among “Bayerns Best 50” by the Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs in recent years thanks to its high growth rates, Bolta employs more than 1,400 staff at its headquarters in Nuremberg, and a total of roughly 3,200 staff at all five of its locations in Germany and abroad.
The strategic decision to introduce the ECM solution framework ecspand from d.velop AG lets BOLTA Werke GmbH provide a powerful ECM infrastructure service for the corporate group’s digitization strategy based on the MS SharePoint group standard.
The planned areas of application for its digitization strategy path are being implemented gradually as separate work packages.
• The creation of an audit-proof archiving platform as a basic component of the digitization strategy
• Mapping of digital file structures to support product development, order processing (digital order files, production files) and procurement (digital suppliers, order files)
• The provision of digital forms for required certificates with a direct digital workflow
• Connection of the core IT applications SAP and Infor Xpert, the MES system, the CAQ system and other solutions from different company areas
• Workflows for supporting P2P processes (Purchase2Pay) with the initial module for electronic invoice processing with an SAP-based invoice verification workflow and approval for FI and MM invoices and more
The solution is implemented and operated in virtual environments. Data and documents from compliance and non-compliance business requirements are stored on the storage systems in accordance with the group strategy.